Monday, March 16, 2009

March Madness (kinda longgggg)

Oh yes... it's one crazy-ass month.

March is the month of madness, asides from basketball, which I want to ardently follow this year.

It comes like a lion, but leaves like a lamb. It marks the period of happiness and heartbreak for hopeful college applicants, marking the difference in their futures. Its the two-month mark before AP testing. It tries the strength of seniors suffering from the disease we affectionately call "senioritis." It marks the time we lose out on sleep, in the prospects of becoming more efficient during the day as a result of Daylight Savings Time. It is the time when winter leaves and spring comes (March 21 KIDS!!!).

But through the thick and then... the less sleep and more awake time... the cold winds and the warm sun... the acceptances and the rejections... I've tried to look at this time with a more positive spirit than usual.

  • I mean yeah, losing out on some of my dream schools hasn't been easy. Seeing certain people get in where I think I should have had smooth sailings but I didn't. Seeing people only apply to schools to see how they'd do rather than because it's a place they'd highly consider and thus, take away spots from deserving candidates. Seeing people bite their nails over the schools they are still waiting from or from the previous responses they've gotten back from schools. Seeing certain accepted ED kids check their applications for UCs and other schools when they are going to their ED school for sure, only checking to see "how they would have done." One of my friends put it ever so wonderfully in her blog, thank you S for talking about that. :)
    • I've realized that people have more stuff to complain/fret about than me. So much for my stressing... I got into places that I: 1) like 2) would consider going. I have a place to spend four years, although it isn't my preferred one.
    • MORAL OF THE STORY: when life gives you lemons, you make that lemonade, you drink it, and enjoy the sweet goodness of it.
  • At the moment, some of my friends are dealing with a plethora of crap in their lives, which I shan't name. It's like trying to break a concrete wall with a mallet for them. They need that sledgehammer or jackhammer to penetrate through the barriers which they must overcome. It's hard on them, I know, but I still idolize + admire them for having such a solid resolve in spite of the shit they're working with/working around. In their position, I think I would crack or erupt some how. In that case, I'm increasingly thankful for not having to deal with that myself and thus, I try to help these friends so that we all can cross the finish line together, hand in hand, with real happy faces and cheerful spirits. Time to put on those skis and sail through, winning and happily taking in that feeling. Y'all know who you are out there, and thank you for being a source of inspiration for me.

With all this around me and with me trying to find a way to either cope with the stress or help my friends or whatnot, I've decided to take on meditation for the past few days. Not only will it help me keep calm, but it will also allow me to channel my energies accordingly so I can help my friends and try and help them with their problems, regardless of what.  

I pray not only for my own well-being, but for the well-being and happiness of my friends and others who I am close with.  I pray so that others around me can be happy and enjoy/make the most of their lives.  Tapping into the gift of self healing, so rich as such, is the only solution I can find, asides from being able to talk about stuff with people.

I guess that I too am finding my way in this big wide world. But whatever the outcome, let's do it together kiddos!

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING FOR THIS MONTH AND THE REST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR!!!

Peace and love,
Kunal

No comments:

Hopping off the Crazy Train