Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's Been a Hard Day's Night

It's been a while since I've written here on this page, so might as well get started.

College:

Well, the final results are in. Now's just the waiting for which school gives me a more lucrative offer, or which offer I can use to play hardball with another school I'm interested in; thus, I can try to secure the best deal financially for myself. Right now, it's between "Bobcats in the Big Apple" or "Trojans in the City of Angels." It just depends on where I'm more financially drawn, I guess.

I was excited when I got the "Welcome to the Trojan Family" packet in the mail. Hopping up and down as I saw the red and gold of USC, I had met my personal goal of making it to the school I had vied to go to since my freshman year. Even though Brown had rejected me, my other dream school came through and fell into my lap. Three and a half years of hard work finally paid off, as I clung to my trophy with happiness. Even though my other preferred ones hadn't worked out (damn you CA budget cuts and slacking off a tad ><), I'm still happy with this one. For those who didn't make it to their preferred schools and dream schools, I can feel your pain on this one. Even I felt that pain after losing out on Brown, UCLA, and a few others.

For similar reasons, I don't necessarily like those people who got into certain schools, only to blow them off as like "Psh... it's not like I'd want to go there." That's taking away spots from students who dream of attending those schools, whose reach school might be that one school which you are blowing off. It's flatout rude. And also, those who got in Early Decision and haven't withdrawn applications from other schools... now that is just a low blow. I hope that those who've done so realize that what they're doing or have done is taking spots away from people who want those schools really badly. If you are doing this after knowing that you could be rescinded from your ED school, I hope you have your rescindal letter coming soon. For those who did it not knowing about the rescinding policy, I hope you guys withdrew your apps and left the spot vacant for more deserving candidates.

Enough about Colleges for one post, don't ya think?

Last Two Months:

Okie Dokie. Let's face it guys, the school year is drawing to an end, sooner than we want it or are expecting it. While some people may be partying about this news and some feeling nostalgic about it all, I'm mixed about it.  Part of me wants to leave MV for good, but another part of me wants to stay back and to take it all in again.  I'm sick of the work and the grades, but I'm not sick of the people and the fond memories.  I want to move on and explore the world, but I want to still be back here.  It's a weird thing really, but I guess us seniors will know how to manage it all.

Senioritis is a fun and evil disease.  You feel lazy as hell and don't want to do anyhting, but part of you thinks you should at least give somewhat of a damn about what's going on around you.  I'm loving every bit of senioritis though.  The fact that I don't really have to care so much anymore about things makes it all good, so I'm less stressed.  I've become a master at coming up with master BS now, be it for homework or tests.  I'm just pissed a fat man is ruining my academic life (Jimbo) since I really can't afford to tank that class.

Oh well... here's to two more months left of legit school before liberation from the ball and chain.

No comments:

Hopping off the Crazy Train